Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 26: Potatoes

 
I love oven roasted potatoes. I could eat a million. The best part is that it's so simple to make. I usually put the cut up potatoes, and maybe some onions, in a big bowl (leave the skin on) and sprinkle seasonings over the top. I change the herbs I use based on what else I'm making for dinner, but I find that a simple blend of salt, pepper, and a little Italian seasoning mix go with most dishes. Then you just have to toss the potatoes around to get them evenly coated and put them in a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil. Cover with foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender. Check on them often while they bake and stir them around so they don't stick.

1 comment:

  1. I love them too! I especially love them with lemon sprinkled on afterward. I am a lemon freak, though. I've made the mistake of adding lemon and garlic together and then roasting the potatoes, and I believe it turned the garlic blue!

    ReplyDelete