Thursday, November 25, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 25: Happy Thanksgiving!

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is the stuffing. I used to make Stove Top every year. Every flavor has chicken broth or milk or something, so when I went vegan, I switched to Pepperidge Farm. But I felt it was time for my stuffing to grow up. Most of what I eat doesn't come from a box/package. Why should stuffing be any different? I wanted a "plain" stuffing without sausage or nuts or whatever. A thread on the PPK forums led me to this recipe. Perfect! Everyone in my family loved it.

Because it was such a hit, I took it a step further. I had seen this recipe for stuffing wrapped in puff pastry and it was on my mind, so now that I had a really good stuffing recipe, I went for it. I used store-bought puff pastry, but you can make your own if you're up for it. And I used Gimme Lean Sausage in place of the sausage. It was amazing. One modification for next year: a layer of thick gravy in the center, Stuffin style (seriously, check out those stuffins; they're amazing).


Along with that, I also had Tofurkey (of course). I roasted it with potatoes, onions, and carrots.  Super yum.

1 comment: