Friday, October 07, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 7: Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse


I got a day off from cooking! Today's post comes to you from my wonderful housemate! We baked and pureed the other pumpkin I had and she used it to make mousse. The recipe is originally from Must Have Been Something I Ate by Peggy Kotsopoulos and was posted online here at A Foodie Stays Fit. It's really good! And the chilling is essential. It starts off with a pudding-like texture and magically becomes light and airy.

Chocolate Mousse

2 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin*
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 c pure maple syrup
1/2 c coconut oil, melted
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t vanilla extra

Mix all ingredients together and let it chill for a couple of hours or overnight.


Sleepy kitty is pleased that I brought him a kitten head sized cup of mousse.



9 comments:

  1. I haven't tried pumpkin and chocolate together, but I bet your recipe would also make tasty ice cream. And that kitty is incredibly adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need that mousse. i don't think i've ever had anything with pumpkin and chocolate mixed before, but i think i need to try it! and awwwww kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, pumpkin-chocolate mousse... yes. Sign me up for that.

    Kitty looks kind of bleary today, like maaaybe he stayed up a little too late reading the internet. Still cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I come every day for kitten and you do not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I can satisfy Panda's kitten needs, I have had a successful MoFo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mousse looks amazing! I need to get in on roasting up some pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want that! And your kitty is too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mousse looks delicious. I have had pumpkin-flavoured baked goods with chocolate chips, but I wonder how they taste blended together...

    And I love the kitten pictures! I'll definitely be following you for recipes and kitty cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Can't decide what's better. Amazing mousse or kitten? Can't choose!

    ReplyDelete