Thursday, October 08, 2009

VeganMofo: Survey

I got this survey from Whoa Wren. Pretend I posted this yesterday. I didn't make anything special yesterday because I had some leftovers to eat, so I'll do this in place of yesterday's post and I'll make something to post later today.


1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Chocolate almond milk is pretty darn tasty.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I was recently lusting over the chicken wings from Vegan Dad, so i'll probably make those at some point this month. Also lasagna and Puerto Rican rice with gandules (pigeon peas)

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Salt. NOTHING else, people!

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Maybe the time I put baking soda instead of baking powder in biscuits. ugh that was so gross.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Pickles! I don't think I've ever had anything else pickled.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I don't. It's horrible. I keep meaning to put everything on index cards and put them in this recipe box I have, but then I just lose the index cards.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Rice, garlic, and tofu.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Eating tuna sandwiches on toasted bread with friends at my house. We used to say "one more bite and I'll go crazy!" with every bite until the last one. Then we'd go crazy. Ah, good times.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
That chocolate peanut butter one from Soy Delicious

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Ooh it's between the food processor and the stand mixer. They are both wonderful.

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I don't know if any of the non-vegan books were mine. My first vegan cookbook was How it All Vegan

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Tofu and Quinoa salad

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
It's been tempeh lately, but usually tofu

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Bread

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Bagels, Boca chick'n patties, and apple pie

20. What's on your grocery list?
I actually went shopping recently, so I don't need anything now. I'm running low on rice flour, though.

21. Favorite grocery store?
Trader Joe's

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Ham and cheese on a croissant. I just don't feel like making croissants ever. They're just so labor intensive.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Henry and Zelda


24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Just plain dark chocolate. But I really want to try the Chick-O-Stick

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I bought a wrap from a store near my school. It was like $8, and I was just going home anyway so I could have easily made myself something. But I just had to buy something from them--support the vegan businesses ya know?

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Nutritional yeast because I hate the flavor. So I always have anxiety trying to decide if it can be left out or if it's necessary/not noticeable. 

1 comment:

  1. yay! Thanks! I used to dislike nooch too but now I love it! I think it can be somewhat of an aquired taste. chick o sticks can be found at most seedy gas stations AND last but not least, last I looked Pillsbury big and flaky croissants were vegan. they could have always changed it though. I always get so hungry reading mofo.

    ReplyDelete