Thursday, October 08, 2009

VeganMofo: Best Alfredo Ever.



Fettuccine Alfredo that doesn't taste like nutritional yeast! It is possible! Vegan versions of cheese based sauces usually taste like nutritional yeast and anytime I make them, they usually end up in the garbage or on my nutritional-yeast-loving-friend anita's doorstep, so it took me two years to muster the courage to finally try this recipe. Now I'm in love.I haven't had cheese alfredo sauce in years, so I can't say that it tastes exactly the same, but I think it's pretty damn close. My omni family liked it too. Including my 8-year-old niece who is very picky.
The recipe is from Lachesis on the PPK. I just left out the cooking wine because I didn't have any and I didn't  do the whole stroganoff thing. I just did the sauce and added Trader Joe's chicken strips.

3 comments:

  1. i am gonna make this tonight! is it extra firm silken or regular tofu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the silken one that's vacuum packed--like Mori-Nu.

    ReplyDelete