Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sourdough uh oh

I got some sourdough starter a few weeks ago from Jody on the ppk. I fed it as soon as I got it, put it in a big mason jar and watched it bubble away. I used part of it to bake and after a day of rising, it looked good. I baked it and it came out looking just okay. And it was really hard. Not so good. I don't know what went wrong, but it sucked.

After that, when I tried to feed it again, it didn't rise. It bubbled and died. I fed it again and the same thing happened. So I took my dilemma to the ppk. They gave me some suggestions on reviving it, but it'll have to wait until next weekend because I've been pretty busy lately.

I don't know, the sourdough starter seems a little high maintenance for me, but I'll see if I can get it going again. Maybe I'll do "Sourdough Sundays" on this blog so I can have some motivation to keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment