Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Vegan MoFo: random

This is a really lame post but it's late and I want to go to bed. I just want to be able to say that I posted something every day for the vegan month of food. So just a story:

I've never been afraid of vegan food the way most people are. A lot of people freak out when I mention tofu or something "abnormal," but I never did. Maybe because I tried it before the media infiltrated my mind with "tofu is weird" messages (like the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Debra puts them on some healthy meatless diet and forces them to eat a tofurkey on Thanksgiving and they carry on like it's the worst thing that Debra's ever done to them). Or maybe it's just my natural inclination to accept everything without question. I remember Jen experimenting with vegetarianism and making something tofuy. And then some years later I found a recipe for a low fat lasagna that had no noodles or meat, just tofu, cheese, and sauce. And it was really good. I've probably had tofu every once in a while since then. It wasn't until I went vegetarian that I really learned to love it though.

Ummm...the end. goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment