Saturday, November 10, 2007

Vegan MoFo: Friday, November 9

Ok, so I missed Thursday because I just ate leftovers and green cactus all day and didn't get home until it was kinda late. I'll do an extra long post now to make up for it.

Friday turned out to be a really good day vegan-wise. At work, a woman came in and asked how the french toast bagels were. I said I've heard really good things about them, but I never had one myself because I don't eat egg. She asked me why and I told her I was vegan (and explained what vegan meant). So normally people would be like "oh wow, I could never give up chicken and cheese" but this woman said it was really cool and that she was thinking of going vegan. She asked when I usually work, so I guess I'll probably see her again.

Later, at Heather's fondue party, I came early and made an enchilada casserole thing. I based it off of this recipe at Fat Free Vegan, but I changed it a bit. I put tortilla chips all along the bottom, covered that with refried beans, then black beans, then tomatoes, then veggies (which I had previously sauteed with taco seasoning, cumin, and chili powder), then salsa and enchilada sauce. And I made another layer like that on top and baked it until the party started. By then, the chips got soggy, but they were still good. When I was ready to eat it, I added fresh chips and guacamole. SO GOOD!

Just a couple more fun things: Diana, who teaches at Tammy's school, told me that she tried to be vegetarian and quit so she was asking what has kept me going with veganism. She was really nice and so sweet. And later I found out that Candace is vegan too and she thouroughly enjoyed the casserole, so yayyy.

I plan on making cupcakes this weekend, so stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment