Thursday, September 05, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 5: Pizza eggs!

I'm not off to a very good start for this year's MoFo. But soon my family issues will be done, work will get less busy, and I'll be able to put some good effort into this blog. Today's post was inspired by this thread over at the PPK forums. Someone was watching the TV show Weeds and a character was talking about something called "pizza eggs" which none of us had heard of outside the TV show, so we could only guess to what it was. After some googling, we determined that it is scrambled eggs with bits of pizza mixed in. I had recently ordered the Vegg so I just had to veganize it of course.

Sorry for this horrible picture!

Vegan Pizza Eggs


1 slice leftover vegan pizza (mine was Seitan Bacon Ranch--see my previous post), cut into small squares
6 oz extra firm tofu, pressed and crumbled

1 tsp Vegg powder
1/4 cup water


Combine pizza and tofu in a skillet and cook over medium heat for just a minute so some of the moisture in the tofu evaporates and the edges are beginning to brown. In a mini blender or food processor, mix Vegg powder and water. Pour the Vegg mixture over the tofu and cook until everything is hot and the Vegg thickens.

As a review, it was really good, but I'm not a huge fan of the Vegg. I think it would be just as good (maybe better) using a generous amount of nutritional yeast (with an optional pinch of black salt) in place of the Vegg




1 comment:

  1. This looks original! I'm not sure though I'd be willing to give away a pizza slice for it.

    I really like the Vegg, but I only use it to make "soldiers".

    ReplyDelete